Thursday, October 14, 2010

Columbus Marathon Spectatorship

This weekend is the 2010 Columbus Marathon...my first marathon that I completed last year. It's an interesting reflection. Sometimes I still have a hard time believing I did it.

This year, I'm going to Columbus not to race, but to watch my friend Erin walk the Half Marathon division of the race. She and her husband Roman (track buddy sometimes pictured on this blog), drove to Columbus last year to watch, cheer me on, and take awesome pictures...throughout the entire 26.2 miles. It was absolutely incredible. I am spoiled; they set the bar pretty high for cheering friends in future marathons!!

The weather is going to be pretty fantastic. It will be fun following Roman around to all the spots to see her. We haven't ironed out plans yet, but I assume that is what will happen. I'm also looking forward to being in the race environment. I wonder if I will wish I was out there doing the marathon again. I can at least very much look forward to my own half the following weekend...it's almost here!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

SWEET! We'll be at Barleys again after if you guys want to meet up! David is coming to cheer too, maybe you guys could hit the initial cheer spot together.