Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Broomball...and Checking

Saturday was our 2nd broomball game and I got checked into the boards. Well, I think it would be better described as checked over the boards. It knocked the wind out of me a little and I coughed. I tried the soccer move where I whined and rolled on the ground holding my leg in order to get a penalty (not really). I am surprised there was no penalty, since there is no checking.

Anyway, a couple of hours later I had my diagnosis of a fractured rib cartilage. It's in the area next to the bottom of my sternum. Not sure what all it means yet. I do feel like it's getting more manageable. Last night I biked for an hour, breathing hard with no pain. Just soreness afterwords. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can run. Fingers crossed!

This weekend at broomball I will be joining my friend Drew as coach. Maybe I'm co-coach? Or I should be The Coach of Flair, teaching the team to have a little more grace and clown-like presence on the ice. :)

1 comment:

Butch said...

Get even the first chance you have. Broom through the legs will take her out.