Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jingle Bell 5K

So Erin and I got up on Saturday to do the Jingle Bell Run. I've done it once before and it ranks high in my books for a couple of reasons: 1. You get to stay in the warm No KY Convention Center while you wait to go out and run. 2. You get to use the nice "real" bathrooms in the facility. It's like doing a run from your own house.

We got there a little early to pick up our race packets, pick up free stuff and stretch... oh and also do a nice photoshoot. More to come on that when Erin sends me the pics!

The gun went off while I was tying my shoe. No worries though, as we were only running to run, not to race. There really isn't much to highlight- it was just a nice, cold day for a 5K. Crossing the bridge was rough, but we made it. A train came by when we were on our way back. It was creeping along, but we were creeping along even slower. Had I been in shape, I would have wanted to race it for sure. We saw Sunshine Bear of the CareBears running. There is a costume contest for this race and most people dress as holiday related characters. However Erin was a Fairy Pirate last year.

At the end of the race, we both agreed it was our slowest 5K in history. So... there's only one way to go now and that's up... no wait... down- in time. :)

No comments: