Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January Work

Running has been rough. The weather has matched my motivation - gloomy, dreary and cold. I haven't gotten out there. I know that's no excuse and I should at least be hopping on my bike......... but....... I haven't.

Business-wise, things have been going well. I am filling in at Luxottica for a girl who is on vacation and then going on a OneSight mission. I have another "fill in" opportunity coming in February for someone else going on a mission. It is great to have the hours lined up. It pays to be a tiny, affordable small business right now. On the other hand, I have been thinking more and more about where I want to take this business – what kind of work do I want to be doing, how much of it, etc etc etc. I think I have come to the conclusion that I can't do what I really want to do with the business on my own, solo. If I want to do more creative things outside of production and reformatting work, that just takes collaboration with others. So I either need to 1) scale back my scope of work, be a freelancer, and maybe try to focus on becoming an artist (for money and for enjoyment) or 2) get a business partner.

Some upcoming changes in the economy and Greg's work may effect the outcome of future decisions. We shall see. I'm really happy with any of my options, I just need the adjustments to happen sooner than later I think.

No comments: