Monday, August 16, 2010

Cincinnati Half Training

Training is underway. I feel great. The distance thing is all coming back to me, and I'm really looking forward to bumping up the weekend runs and seeing what happens (both to me and Casey). This is going to be my 5th half marathon, and I had a comforting and pleasant realization recently: I know what I'm doing. I've covered the 13.1 miles 4 other times on 3 different courses: Cincinnati Flying Pig, State-to-state, Akron and another Flying Pig. So...I've done this before! Realizing that has greatly helped this slow runner's confidence.

Last week's workouts were OK, though I still didn't get all of the days I wanted in there. But this past weekend Casey and I ran 8.25 miles, and I feel like the training is definitely underway. My legs feel good. And for the first time in a long time, nothing hurts!

Tonight I am planning to go on the group ride with Cycle Sport. However...see that last statement in the previous paragraph? Nothing hurts right now! My hips and knee (which I think has gotten tweaked from past bike rides) are all good. So I'm not going to go 30+ miles with them like we usually do. I haven't been on my road bike since the Caesar's Creek Duathlon and have only done one spinning class. So I'm shooting for 20 easy miles. Likely, this won't be what Rich and Glen are doing, but I'll shoot Rich an email just in case. It will probably be a solo ride, which is fine.

Here's to a good week of training! (and cooler temps? maybe??)

No comments: