Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ultimate Game #4

Hmmm...we lost again.  Sad face.

There was a big front moving over for the beginning of the game. The wind made throwing the Frisbee pretty unpredictable. On top of that, we were missing half of our team. It certainly wasn't a good start.

At the half it was 10 to 3. Right as we went into half time, the sirens on the shelter house went off, meaning we had to move to the shelter to wait out the storm. Wait we did. It poured and misted into the shelter. I'm not sure how long it was- maybe 20 minutes? We went back out to freshly wet grass and not much wind! Our second half was a lot better.

Personally, I didn't have too bad of a game, but it wasn't too good either. My legs hurt pretty bad. I am thinking maybe track nights the day before Ultimate might not be the best idea. My left lower leg especially hurts really bad. If I bend down or sit on my knees on it, that increases the pain. And my knee was all tweaky. I'm not sure what is going on. I think I am having a rough time adjusting to the cleats. I don't know - I've never had pain like this. I'm going to ice and see how it feels in the next couple of days.

No comments: