Monday, August 17, 2009

16, no make that 12 miles

16 hasn't happened yet. I was supposed to run it today, but I could only go 12 before I had to stop.

:(

I was very much looking forward to conquering this distance as a boost for my confidence for the marathon. It was hot. It was humid. I started at noon, so eating wasn't prime. Plenty of excuses for why it wasn't stellar. I ran on the bike trail and never want to go back because I'm sick of it now. I repeatedly ran out 1 mile from a central point so that I was close to water and people. 1 mile to the north and back (yay 2 miles!), 1 mile to the south and back (yay 4 miles!), etc etc. BORING. It rained for a little bit, but not hard enough to come through the trees and give me a nice cool off.

I am not sure what to do now as far as the training goes...specifically I'm not sure if I'm supposed to try 16 the next time I am scheduled for a long run, or try it again this coming weekend. I guess waiting until the next long run makes the most sense since I did go 12.

No pics, so this one is a boring post.

No comments: