Sunday, August 23, 2009

Half Way There

This summer's weather has been ideal. The small bursts of hot weather have been enjoyed in a pool...and not enjoyed during what should have been a 16 mile run. But I really can't complain about the weather. This past weekend's temperatures were ideal for running, considering it's August.

I met Krista out at Miami Whitewater to run the almost 8 mile loop that is there.
Someone else's picture... This is pretty much what most of it looks like. Kind of barren, prairie-like with rolling hills.

















We saw a lot of bikers, some walkers, and some other runners. The sky was cloudy for the most part, and there was a cool breeze. But neither of us had a great time, both with separate issues. I had just come down with a slight cold. I ran anyway, hoping to clear it out of my head because I felt fine that morning. But a few miles in, I was more tired than usual. When it was all said and done, I did get about 8.5 miles in and even felt really strong at the end.

So, 8 weeks down and 8 weeks to go. I'm feeling great and can tell I'm getting stronger. Not faster, but stronger. This weekend, if my cold goes away quickly and I feel alright, I'm going to try to do 15 or 16.

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

hope you feel better! great job on all the training!

Butch said...

Hope your allergies stay in line 8 weeks from now. The season will be upon us.

Good luck.