Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Outdoor Bike Ride of the Year

This came to work with me today.

















60º and beautiful = bike shorts, jersey, arm warmers and a big smile.

It was great to get out today. I rode down to the trail from my studio. It was pretty uneventful. I did run over a snake, which made me shudder. Thum-thump! Ew. By the time I realized it wasn't a stick, it was too late to swerve. It may have already been dead.

I only went 12 miles. It was a re-introduction of my butt to saddle (Butt, meet Saddle, Saddle meet Butt). Plus I had a printer rep that was soon stopping by my office to drop off samples. We have been working together a lot, but have never met. Well, first impressions are always fun... He arrived a little early and I was still in the bathroom trying to clean up (I was sweatier than I thought I'd be). I was also still in my bike clothes. Awkward! He ended up being a very cool guy though, so I'm pretty certain he wasn't mortified by my helmet head and padded shorts.

I averaged around 16 mph, not bad for the first ride of the season I guess.

Next time I'll go a little farther. And remember my water bottle.

No comments: