Monday, January 30, 2012

Consistency

This past week has been a good one for activity. Thursday I did a spinning class...another hard one. Melanie is so good! Friday I ran 3 miles. I took my phone with me to figure out what pace I was going, but the app fizzled out both coming and going. Saturday we played broomball (our first loss...boo). Sunday I ran 6 miles with Greg and Casey. Heart Mini training is officially underway.

Today it's supposed to be near 50...and tomorrow near 60! I have a bit itch to get on my road bike. I have been trying to figure out how to do a bike race in the spring. It is so challenging to figure this out. All I can think of is to go to a bike shop and ask someone. It may be too late to join any teams, and it seems like you have to be with a team to race. I am pretty frustrated with the unsuccessful research I've had. I just want some dates, and to know how it works and what I have to do to prepare. I think it would be fun to try. But maybe you have to be really really good and it's not for just anyone.

I think I'll stop by Swallow Bike Works, the new shop in Loveland that replaced Cycle Sport, and see if someone there can tell me anything to guide me in the right direction.

No comments: