Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finally a Wednesday Run!

Tuesday I spinned. We had a sub. She cut class short by about 15 minutes. It was weird.

Tuesday night I skipped yoga. Jannelle has a kink in her neck so couldn't go, and I didn't mind a break from it.

This morning it was in the 60s and down right balmy. I put on shorts and a t-shirt and headed outside to do a quick 3. My legs got the best of me, however. I couldn't seem to just run at a normal pace. At 1.5 miles I turned around and decided to turn the run into a fartlek, wondering if going faster would help the pain. I did those intervals the whole way back. I do think it kind of helped the pain. I was certainly able to run without the tightness. I did a short cool down jog when I was back, and the pain seemed to start to creep back into my legs....

So here's a theory: My shoes just don't work for my stride at slower paces, in general. Now this doesn't explain runs where nothing hurts. The consistency isn't there. But I'm just going to start blaming the shoes. I don't know, I really don't. It's so frustrating.

The most important thing was I got a run in on Wednesday! I need to run more often than once a week and a long run, so this was good even if it was an awful run.

Maybe I'll go shoe shopping this weekend.

No comments: