Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lifting

This is it. I'm done trying to "go for a run after work" by myself. There is just nothing that will make it happen. The weather, chasing a car full of money, the promise of world peace...nothing. I've tried this enough, with all the best intentions, and it's just not meant to be.

So I'm declaring it now:
Stephanie shall henceforth no longer attempt to run after work, with the exceptions of being provoked by a friend or for track night. 

Now that that is done and over with, I can get back to my regularly scheduled program.

I lifted last night instead of running. But, it was a really good lifting session. I bumped it up. I didn't use the baby weights and did less reps if I had to using the big girl weights. I did a couple of different things I've seen people doing at the gym with the trainers too. It felt great. Plus, I felt some new back muscles pop up from yoga (I'm pretty sure they pop up overnight, right?). So I think I'm making some progress in the strength realm.

Today was spinning. I rearranged my Get a New Tooth appointment (crown) from the morning to 2:00 this afternoon. Unfortunately Erin's child poo'd so she had to leave. I guess the child care people aren't licensed to change a poopy diaper. The class was really hard, as all of Melanie's classes are. There were some kick-butt hills in the middle that had me pretty maxed out. It was all good, and I'm kind of glad my legs were fresh since I didn't run yesterday. My spins have been suffering because I'm sore from running. However, looking at the schedule, I haven't ran since Sunday and that's bad. I'm still building up everywhere though. And I don't want to give up a spin day. Maybe next week will be better.

1 comment:

Butch said...

Was new sin guy there?