Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Next for the Summer

Since the duathlon is over and I feel like I've been able to assess a little bit of my fitness, I thought I'd jot down some ideas for what is next. The summer soon approaches. It has been a fantastic spring. I've seen speeds running and on the bike that I've never seen. It may not be fast yet, but it is a huge improvement for me, which makes everything a lot more enjoyable.

I plan to do more sprint duathlons becuase I love them. I'm still trying to decide if I'd like to pay the money for the pool and try a tri as well. There is a good one in July that would be a great first-timer race. Not sure what my decision is yet though. I would also like to do more 5Ks...because I really need a redeeming race after Idlewild (note: next one should be not so hilly). And they're fun, especially when friends do them too.


What I want to Focus On:

Strength.
I've put it off long enough. Time to get stronger and fix the spaghetti arms and weakness that is my upper body.

Diet.
Continue to trim down and eat better.

Speed.
Continue to get faster!


I think I'm going to have to make some kind of loose calendar/schedule. I need to track the weights stuff because if I don't I just don't think I'll do it. I'm not good at following training plans. It brings out the 5 year old in me that doesn't wanna just because I'm told to. But when I look at what I am doing throughout the week, there really is a schedule there already (shhh don't tell my 5 year old self!). I have 1 scheduled group ride and am planning/hoping to add another. I have 2 scheduled runs. There's 4 days. I need to schedule another longer run on the weekend when there is more time for endurance. There's 5 days. So it looks like I just have a couple other days to figure out what to do or rest and bam! my schedule is done.

No comments: