Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Challenge: Day 2

At 5:50 a.m. Wednesday morning I was pedaling on a spinning bike trying to focus on the woman leading the class. 5:00 a.m. is too early to put my contacts in, or so my eyes told me.

The class was an hour long and pretty rough. The nice thing with spinning is to some degree you can make it your own effort. I didn't want to kill myself, so I went easy (or so I thought at the time) so I could last the entire class and feel out what the instructor does.

There were a lot of "hill climbs" both out of the saddle and seated. The out of the saddle position kills me. My hills were just more like gentle rollers rather than a trek through Mt. Adams though. We also did periods of sprints. There wasn't anything too difficult, but I am definitely feeling it already!


Total for the day: 
60 minutes spinning
Stretching

1 comment:

Butch said...

You? Up at 5am for exercise? You had to get up before this, too early to ride a bike. Take it easy on that knee, get it healed.

Are you going out for the Olympics by any chance?